Wedding season it quickly coming and this time of year brides and grooms start hashing out the details of their big day. A few years ago I was in the same position and was eager to find local, sustainable choices for my big day. In order to feel connected to the time and place in which we were going to be married I felt the need to be connected to the land in some way. I sought out local choices as often as possible and strove to be as crafty and hands on in making conscience choices.
I knew I wasn’t alone in this desire to have my wedding be sustainable and locally sourced. To me it just made sense and felt right, and wedding parties all over the country are doing the same. Locally sourced weddings are a growing trend around the country. Wedding parties see the value in finding flowers, catering, decorations, musicians that all speak to the area they are getting married.
In western North Carolina we are blessed with boundless beauty in the scenery, creativity in the people and skill in the artistry that make it easy for local choices to be accessible and desirable. We have some of the most amazing choices for local food, drink, venues, photographers and FLOWERS! The western North Carolina region has long been known for its farming and agriculture. We are blessed with a climate and land that provide a wealth of agriculture bounty. The western North Carolina wedding scene is understandably desirable and an easy choice for those wedding parties like I was myself, to choose local sustainable options for their perfect day.
Let Pisgah Flowers be your solution to local, sustainable wedding flowers. We provide options for bulk by the bucket sales, to arrangements to hybrid options.
Interested in going local and sustainable for your wedding or special event?! Check out these great articles to get started:
- What does it mean to have a locally sourced wedding? http://blog.beau-coup.com/what-does-it-mean-to-have-a-locally-sourced-wedding
- How to make your wedding green: http://www.treehugger.com/htgg/how-to-go-green-weddings.html
- Green Weddings: Your eco-friendly wedding guide. https://www.theknot.com/content/eco-friendly-wedding-guide
- Green Weddings 101: http://www.greenbrideguide.com/learn/green-wedding-faq
- Nice day for a green wedding: How five couples did it + resource guide http://life.gaiam.com/article/nice-day-green-wedding-how-5-couples-did-it-resource-guide
- 5 eco-friendly takes on popular wedding trends http://bridalguide.com/blog/5-eco-friendly-takes-popular-wedding-trends